A Proud Guy

I am very proud of my family. I also really like fishing but don't get much time for that, oh well. I also like yapping on my amateur radio even though most of the time I just listen.

Monday, February 07, 2011

Train Ride

On Thursday I had a doctor's visit at UT southwestern in Dallas. Well that shouldn't be a problem but because of the winter wonderland that was visiting the Super Bowl and the roads were covered by ice and the fact that lots of "Bubbas" were out driving their 4-wheelers, I decided to take the new Dart Green Line train to my appointment.
I enjoyed the ride and the train went about twice as fast as I would have in my car. I saw lots of people slipping and sliding on the road.
So, having never riden the train to anywhere but between two stations in Carrollton, when I arrived at my stop, which was elevated, I tried to hurry down to get out of the cold wind. I then tried to get my bearings but I was pretty surrounded by construction. I then started walking toward a street and saw signs that said pathway to hospital. So I went that way and after about 8 blocks, I found myself totally lost and not knowing where I was. Thats when I spotted a sign for the UT Shuttle. I stepped inside a building and waited. After about 40 minutes a bus appearred but was not marked as to where it was going. I approached it and asked and yes it was the shuttle I should take.
I still had about 20 minutes before my appointment, so I thought "Lets ride". Well I then found out that my stop would be the last on the route. (because it was the stop just before where I got on the shuttle). Oh well, at least its warm.
Well I was just a couple minutes late for my appointment but did not have to wait to long to be seen. And it gave me time to look out the 8th floor window at the are below. Now I realized that I was really only 4 blocks away from the train station that I had gotten off at. Oh well at least I got my exercise for the day. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

You forgot the part about waiting for the train in the elevator! :)

2/10/2011  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like an adventure! :) I'm glad that at least you had fun taking the train, even if you got all turned around in the process... :) Love you Daddy! :)

2/20/2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home