A Proud Guy

I am very proud of my family. I also really like fishing but don't get much time for that, oh well. I also like yapping on my amateur radio even though most of the time I just listen.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

What a day for a memorial fish out


Aaron would have definitely enjoyed the day. I arrived right around 7:30 am. and immediately began snagging fish. The day was pleasant with about 78 degrees or so with a wind of 10-15 mph out of the south. I sat up my claim to the shore near the willow tree at the south-west side of the pond. A small boy and his grampa were there feeding the ducks. Little fish were jumping close by and an egret was close watching me as I was pitching the little sunfish back into the pond. The above picture was taken about 45 minutes after I had arrived. Its a small bass, not big enough yet for the dinner table. :D After about an hour, some friends of mine, the Chatwins, showed up just to visit and watch me fish and to chat. I really enjoyed their company and time flew by so fast that the time that I had set aside for the fish out was over. I didn't catch any big fish like the Master Fisherman but I had a wonderful time fishing and reminiscing with the Chatwins about things that Aaron had said or done with their son Robert.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time at the memorial fish out! :) I'm sure that Aaron made sure the weather was nice, so that no one roasted while the fun event was under way. :)

8/22/2010  
Blogger Debi said...

Next year why don't you plan an Aaron W. Baseball game and make it later in the evening when your wife is wide awake. :)

9/03/2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home